Types of packaging
What we can do for you
ARA AG’s compliance service is available for transport packaging, sales packaging and packaging aids made of the following materials:
- Paper, cardboard, paperboard, and corrugated board (see: transport packaging and sales packaging)
- Metal (ferrous metal, aluminium)
- Textile fibres
- Beverage cartons
- Other composite materials
- Other packaging materials, especially biodegradable materials
Examples of packaging, packaging aids, and service packaging
- Packaging: cups, cans, bottles, jars, cardboard boxes, boxes, pallets, bags, shrink film, trays, carrier bags, tubes, wrapping foil etc.
- Packaging aids: products intended to be used together with other packaging materials, especially for packing, sealing, making ready for dispatch or marking products or goods, such as labels or fastenings
- Service packaging: packaging such as carrier bags, cones, small bags, bottles and the like, provided that the packaging is (i) manufactured to the same technical standard and (ii) typically filled at the point of sale or distribution to the end user
Up-to-date information on the classification of packaging is available on the website of the Austrian Ministry of Environment (German only).
What we cannot do for you
Our compliance service is not available for packaging that is not regulated by the Packaging Ordinance, such as packaging contaminated with hazardous substances (Art. 2 paragraph 54 Waste Management Act) or substances that would prevent or seriously complicate its re-use or recovery. Our compliance service is generally not available for packaging containing radioactive, infectious or explosive substances.
+ Schwarze Liste (German only)