- Compliance service
- Waste management
- Industry, IT & logistics services
After signing the contract with ARA AG, you have to submit data on the amount of packaging you place on the market in Austria and pay the appropriate fee for the amount reported. The compliance fee is calculated by multiplying the packaging weight for each material by the corresponding tariff rates.
Which reporting interval applies to your company?
- Annual data submission: If your company’s projected annual fees for household and commercial packaging are each lower than € 1,500, you are an annual reporter.
- Monthly data submission: If your company’s projected annual fee for either household packaging or commercial packaging is higher than € 20,000, you are a monthly reporter.
- Quarterly data submission: In all other cases, you belong to the group of quarterly reporters.
- Flat fee: If the amount of packaging you place on the market in a given year is less than 1,500 kg for household and commercial packaging, respectively, you only have to pay our flat-rate fee (€ 150) once per year.
ARA online portal
Use the ARA online portal to submit your data reports online.
Handbook on the ARA online portal (PDF, German language)
Database of legally binding declarations
The Packaging Ordinance stipulates that producers, importers and packers/fillers of packaging are required to inform their customers in advance of the compliance status of packaging, including a breakdown by tariff category and the compliance scheme used for each category.
This means you are required to provide compliance information to every one of your customers. And you are required to obtain legally binding declarations from all your suppliers who provide you with (goods in) packaging already covered by a compliance agreement.
This annual or quarterly procedure can be tedious. Use our declarations database to minimise the time and effort involved.
Fact sheet on the declarations database (PDF, German language)
Quick guide on how to enter data (PDF, German language)
Quick guide on how to retrieve data (PDF, German language)